7 page paper on conflict and resolution
Conflict and resolution paper
The purpose of this assignment is to learn how to identify and effectively manage conflicts that arise in care delivery settings resulting in better management of patient care, including appropriate delegation. You will gain insight into conflict management strategies and develop a plan to collaborate with a potential nurse leader about the conflict and its impact in a practice setting.
Completion of this assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes.
CO1: Apply leadership concepts, skills, and decision making in the provision of high-quality nursing care, healthcare team management, and the oversight and accountability for care delivery in a variety of settings. (PO2)
CO3: Participate in the development and implementation of imaginative and creative strategies to enable systems to change. (PO7)
CO6: Develop a personal awareness of complex organizational systems, and integrate values and beliefs with organizational mission. (PO7)
CO7: Apply leadership concepts in the development and initiation of effective plans for the microsystems and system-wide practice improvements that will improve the quality of healthcare delivery. (PO2 and PO3)
- Read Finkelman (2016), Chapter 13: Improving Teamwork: Collaboration, Coordination, and Conflict Resolution, section on Negotiation and Conflict Resolution, pp. 324-333.
- Write a 5-7 page paper (not including the title or References pages). Follow APA format. Consult your APA manual, and consider using the APA resources provided by Chamberlain. Cite the course textbook and two scholarly sources. You are required to complete this assignment using the productivity tools required by Chamberlain University, which is Microsoft Office Word 2013 (or later version), or Windows and Office 2011 (or later version) for MAC.
- Observe nurses in a care delivery setting. Identify a recurring conflict with the potential to negatively impact patient care. This should be from your practice setting or prelicensure experiences.
- Provide details of what happened, including who was involved, what was said, where it occurred, and what was the outcome that led you to decide the conflict was unresolved.
- Identify the type of conflict. Explain your rationale for selecting this type.
- Summarize (in your own words) the four stages of conflict, as described in our textbook, and how they relate to your example. Do not use quotations.
- Describe how you would collaborate with a nurse leader to reach consensus on the best strategy to deal with the conflict
- Describe the rationale for selecting the best strategy.
- Provide a summary or conclusion about this experience or assignment and how you may deal with conflict more effectively in the future.