Part 1: Advocating Paper
Compose a 2- to 3-page paper explaining:
- The degree to which you have been a(n):
- Advocate for your students with exceptionalities in your current professional practice
- Consultant for parents and staff in addressing the needs of your students with exceptionalities
- Collaborator with your school and district leadership as it relates to FAPE and financial constraints
- How your consultation and https://www.waldenu.edu/about/social-change/impact-report-2011
To further explore Walden’s Mission and Vision for social change and how you can enact social change in your own community see Walden’s Social Change website at https://www.waldenu.edu/about/social-change.
” data-hasqtip=”11″>social change.
Part 2: One-Page Handout
- Create a one-page handout for Special Education professionals on how to be an effective advocate for students with exceptionalities. Be sure to suggest, cite, and explain specific resources and strategies.