Provide a description of the case you will be researching. Then, find at least six scholarly sources that are connected with the ethical dilemma and/or case-related content that you will be using to complete your Final Paper. Provide an annotated bibliography of these six (or more) sources.
Your annotated bibliography must contain the following elements (and possibly more):
- APA-formatted citations
- A description of the article:
- What does it address?
- What were the outcomes or conclusions?
- How does this apply to your case study analysis?
- Does it provide insights into an ethical concept?
- Is it a similar case to the one you are analyzing?
- Does it offer suggestions from best practices in ethical decision making?
Your paper should be at least two pages in length, excluding title and reference pages, and formatted according to APA style as outlined in the Ashford Writing Center. Visit the Ashford Writing Center and view this Sample Annotated Bibliography for an example of correct annotated bibliography form.].
BELOW IS THE SCENARIO:
Scenario No. 3: Institutional Code of Ethics
Project Assignment: Codes of ethics are standards that outline how individuals or groups of people are to act. The healthcare/medical community has its own code of ethics, which is outlined in the American Medical Association’s Code of Medical Ethics. Review the following:
- AMA’s Code of Medical Ethics here:American Medical Association. (2013). AMA’s code of medical ethics. Retrieved from http://www.ama-assn.org/ama/pub/physician-resources/medical-ethics/code-medical-ethics.page.
- Three local or regional hospitals’ codes of ethics.
- Various scholarly research on healthcare codes of ethics (at least seven additional sources).
Then, by analyzing the issues through these steps:
- Analyze the specific requirements of a code of ethics.
- Identify three critical elements of the AMA’s code that you believe are most important.
- Examine the differences and similarities between the AMA’s Code of Medical Ethics requirements and the code requirements of the three hospitals that you researched.
- Explain why certain individuals and/or groups (please name these) should follow a hospital’s code of ethics.