Due Week 7 and worth 60 points
On July 5, 2011, Casey Anthony was found not guilty of first-degree murder in the 2008 death of her daughter, Caylee. Further research this incident using quality and reputable resources.
Write a two to three (2-3) page paper in which you:
- Provide a brief summary of the background, charges, and trial of this high-profile court case.
- Explain, from a forensics perspective, the digital evidence found on the Anthony family computer that helped the prosecutors build a case against Anthony.
- Describe what the prosecution was unable to prove based on the digital evidence found. Indicate whether or not you think this is a common problem with digital evidence and provide a rationale for your response.
- Explain the software issue that was found to have caused inaccurate evidence to be admitted into the trial.
- Determine whether the software issue, which caused inaccurate evidence in the trial, would’ve affected your perception of the prosecution’s case if you were a juror in this trial.
- Use at least two (2) quality resources in this assignment. Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources.
Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements:
- Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions.
- Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length.