chapter 1 discussion mis
Chapter 1 Discussion
No unread replies.1313 replies.
Read Closing Case One, The World is Flat: Thomas Friedman, at the end of Chapter 1 (pp 31-32), and discuss the following (Question 3):
Demonstrate how students competing for jobs in a flat world can create competitive advantages to differentiate themselves in the marketplace.
General guidelines for all class discussions:
- You are responsible to post, at minimum, at least three times (including your original introduction) to the Discussion area for the Introduction Discussion Forum. More posts are welcome and encouraged.
- Post a thorough, grammatically sound response that pertains to the course material by 11:59 PM on Friday, January 12.
- You are required to respond to at least two of your classmate’s original posts. They are to be thought provoking responses. In other words, your reply needs to be more detailed than “Great job,” or “I like what you said here.” Responses are due by 11:59 PM on Sunday, January 14.
- It is critical that you are forthright and genuine with your opinions when it comes to participating in our class discussions. However, it is essential that you tie your opinions into the literature and substance of the topics being covered within the class for that particular week. In other words, your responses should allude to, and suggest a sort of understanding/comprehension of the material being covered in class for that period of time.
- Supplement the textbook information with at least one other source.
- Do not use the following sources:
- Wikipedia – no wiki pages at all.
- Yahoo Answers
- A website can only be used once per chapter, which means if another student has already posted using a website, you must find another.
- Follow APA Guidelines.
- Make sure to cite all sources appropriately. (Don’t forget to use quotation marks.)
- If the work is plagiarized, your grade will be a 0.
- Remember if what you write is not your words, thoughts, or ideas you must cite the source and quote appropriately.
- If classmates post to your original discussion, it is important that you respond to their postings.
Click here for help on how to cite sources in APA Style from the SWOSU Library. (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)
Click here for further help on APA Guidelines. (Links to an external site.) (Links to an external site.)