cultural group that you are not part of and that you currently or will likely interact with in your social work practice
Please note: I am an African American woman age 28. I was born, raised, and currently reside in Northeast Louisiana. The cultural group that I would like to target for this assignment is the LBGT community. I currently have no interaction with this group, but I would like to learn more about this group of people because they are growing. Although I have no previous experience in working with this group of people, I know that I will likely have to work with a member of the LBGT community someday.
Choose a cultural group of which you are not a part and that you currently or will likely interact with in your social work practice.
Complete the following:
- Identify your population, addressing at least the following:
- Describe briefly the group you have chosen.
- Identify your current interaction with that group.
- Identify your current level of knowledge about the group.
- Explain and describe how your interest in this group emerges from your current work.
- Analyze differentiation in diversity for the selected population.
- Justify your choice of population:
- Why did you choose this population?
- What implications do you foresee for your area and field of practice or for the population?
Your paper is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards.
- Resources: Minimum of three scholarly sources other than your course text. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past 5 years.
- Length of paper: 2–3 typed, double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.