To prepare for this assignment review the following theories of aging listed in Chapter 13, 14, and 15 of the textbook.
- The Five Factor Trait Model
- Rate-of-Living Theories
- Cellular Theories
- Programmed-Cell-Death Theories
- Information Processing Theory
- Continuity Theory
- Competence and Environmental Press Theory
- Erik Erikson’s Integrity vs. Despair
Part 1: Older Adult Interview
Interview an older adult of your choice (they may be your parents, relatives, or friends) and have a discussion about the factors that influenced their development. Address the following as part of the interview:
- Cognitive, physical, and psychosocial development during the interviewee’s Maturity stage of adulthood (age 65 or older).
- How peers influenced the interviewee during his or her adolescent/young adult stage.
- What people and/or events influenced the interviewee’s development of morals such as faith, ethics, and culture?
- How the interviewee’s experiences, positive or negative, have formulated who he or she is as a mature adult.
Pick one of the theories reviewed in Chapters 14 and 15 of the text.
Part 2: Reflection
Write a paper of 750-1,000 words, discussing the selected theory and how it relates to your interview. Include the following in your paper: THE THEORIES ARE LISTED ABOVE.
hERE IS OUR TEXT BOOK TO USE FOR 1 OF THE REFERENCES: Kail, R. V., & Cavanaugh, J. C. (2016). Human development: A life-span view (7th ed.). Belmont, CA: Thomson Wadsworth.
- A description of the selected theory.
- A description of your interviewee (gender, age, ethnicity, etc.).
- How the interviewee’s responses illustrate the selected theory. Support your response with examples.
- Discuss the ethical and cultural strategies for promoting resilience, optimum development, and wellness in older adults.
- Include at least three scholarly references in addition to a personal communication reference for the interviewee.