Let’s ease into the semester by introducing our selves and talking casually about art, in this low stakes assignment. Along with brief introductions of yourself, I want you to start thinking about how art fits into your life, and how we are affected by it.
We interact with the visual (art) world on a daily basis, here are just a few examples how:
- Industrial design (all functional objects we interact with – appliances, chairs, cars, phones…).
- Graphic design – Everything visual on the Internet, print media – magazines, book covers, advertising in all of its forms. ALL logos. All started with an artists idea.
- Fashion– everything we wear has been designed by an artist. Stores have been aesthetically designed and displayed by artists.
- Architecture– all buildings designed by artists.
- Interior design– all designed by artists. WE even make aesthetic choices when doing our own interior designing. We play the role of the artist.
- Film– movies, television, internet based media- movies, shows, music videos, video games.
Now, I know you may be thinking to yourself… “how could an artist design that really boring looking car/house/building/shirt/appliance, etc.” Personal taste aside, all things visual are still created to be aesthetically pleasing to SOMEONE. And, I guarantee…your boring is someone else’s exciting!
For your post, you must address ALL bullet points below.
First, about you….
- Tell us something interesting about yourself, your break…- this is an ice breaker folks, so- anything goes. Just make it good and conversational 🙂
- Add at least one photo of yourself! Attach your image within the body of your post; not as a file attachment.
Second, about you and art…
- What is the role of art/artist in your life? (use the numbered list above as a starting point)
- How does it affect YOUR life? (use the numbered list above as a starting point)
If you have any questions let me know