Teleological vs. Deontological Theories
Introduction and Purpose of Assignment
This paper provides you with an opportunity to demonstrate your understanding of two major groups of ethical theories.
●Evaluate the strengths and weaknesses of Teleological and Deontological theories. (2.4)
Theory and Context
The majority of ethical theories are divided into two groups, teleological and deontological. These ideas are based on very different foundations. It is important to understand these concepts as a student and as a participant in the business world so you can understand the foundation that specific theories are derived from. This will assist you in understanding their true place in ethics.
- Write a 3-4 page research paper explaining the strengths and weaknesses of Teleological and Deontological theories.
- Articulate the strengths of both Teleological and Deontological theories.
- Articulate the weaknesses of both Teleological and Deontological theories.
- Justify your opinions of why they are strengths and weaknesses.
- Provide at least three sources.