The class is operation management and this is what my teacher wants.
- Web-Based Research Paper:
Each student will write a brief paper using web-based research on a company of your choice (i.e., any company[public, private, for/non-profit, etc.] with a website).
- The body of the paper should be one-page, single spaced with 12 point font (papers longer or shorter than one page will be penalized).
- The paper shall have a Cover page and a References page.
- The paper must be well written in paragraph format and should be both spell-checked and “clarity-checked”.
- The paper must include the name of the company, description of the business, primary goods/services, location of headquarters, the internet address and why you selected this particular company.
- The paper must also address at least two (2) Operations Management topics as listed in the course outline.Some examples are listed below:
- What are the competitive dimensions that form the competitive position of the company?
- What type of production and/or service processes does the company utilize?
- What are the company’s order qualifier(s) and order winner(s)?
- What is the company’s approach to social responsibility?
- What is the company’s approach to outsourcing and/or offshoring?
- What is the company’s approach to sustainability?
- You must also include three (3) questions that you would ask if you had an interview with the company.