a fun, real-life project to collaboratively plan using project management principles. You could design and build a house, develop a video game, launch a new business, etc.
Collaborate with your Learning Team to develop a project based upon the topic that your team selects, and finalize the Defining Phase of the team project.
Prepare a 15- to 20-slide presentation with speaker notes that illustrates the Defining Phase project deliverables.
Include slides for the following elements in your presentation:
· Project Overview
· Project Scope Statement
· Project Charter
· WBS – work breakdown structure to three levels developed in Microsoft® Project – Note that you can include a print screen of the MS Project WBS in your slide(s).
· Communication Matrix – See Figure 4.10 in Ch. 4 of Project Management
Evaluate the following in the speaker notes:
· The project objectives and deliverables (using SMART methodology as described in Ch. 2 of Project Management).
· The scope statement that the team finalized using the checklist in Ch. 4 of Project Management.
· The charter that the team developed, and the specific responsibilities of each team member.
· The work breakdown structure (WBS) that was developed, and an explanation of how the work will be distributed to the project team.
· The key stakeholder groups and their project information needs as outlined in the communication plan.
· Justification as to why the specific stakeholders were chosen for the communication plan.