Purpose of this assignment:
1. To become familiar with professional scholarly journals in psychology.
2. To become proficient in writing in APA style.
3. To gain more detailed knowledge about a specific psychological disorder.
4. To enhance critical thinking and writing skills.
Writing the paper:
- Typed, double-spaced, 12” font, 1” margins, and number each page.
- Paper should be at least 3 pages (excl. title and reference pages).
- The paper must contain adequate paragraphs with complete sentences and correct grammar.
- Clearly introduce your psychological disorder in the opening paragraph and the reason that you chose this topic.
- Then subsequent paragraphs include information related to this topic, e.g. symptoms of this disorder, prevalence of the disorder in the general population, age this disorder can be diagnosed, possible treatments and side-effects from the treatment/s, etc.
- Follow APA style when writing and citing references.
- NO Abstract page is needed for this assignment.
· Cite any reference sources!! Otherwise copying the information would be considered plagiarism. You must cite your sources both in the actual paper right after you have used the information as well as on the Reference page.
- Separate Title page (APA style).
· Separate Reference page (APA style) – As you will have to research the psychological disorder that you chose, you will need to include a reference page containing at least five references from scholarly peer-reviewed journals.
· The paper must be uploaded into Canvas under Assignments and this will automatically process it through the plagiarism detection cite, Turnitin. This is the only method that the paper can be submitted!!
· See the grading rubric below for expectations.
Ask me for help. I will be happy to assist you at any point in the process.
Title page in APA style
Content – critical thinking; included reason for selecting the disorder; researched the topic adequately; used in-text citations of the sources of information;
Mechanics – general writing skills, used adequate paragraphs; grammar, syntax, spelling;
Reference page in APA style:
At least 5 references