Social Psychology Network
Explore the Social Psychology Network website, and get comfortable searching for information. Scan the professional profiles of social psychologists and learn about their social psychological research.
After you have completed your reading, write a paper of 1,000 words in which you include:
- Choose a theorist from “Social Psychologist”, document attached under the assignment tab.
- Give a brief background on the theorist and their perspective on social psychology
- Explore the Social Psychology Network. Find the online psychology studies link. From that link choose one study that best fits the theorist you have chosen and complete the study.
- Describe your overall experience of the study. Was it interesting? Was it easy to complete? Were you surprised by the questions asked in the study? Were you surprised at the outcome?
- Has completing this study changed your initial impression about professional or student research? Explain.
- Explain how the study connects to the theorist you chose above.
Use three to five scholarly resources.
Prepare this assignment according to the guidelines found in the APA Style Guide
A few examples of influential social psychologists and their research topics include
· Thurstone (attitudes)
· Asch (conformity)
· Allport (values and prejudice)
· Festinger (cognitive dissonance)
· Heider (attitudes)
· Milgram (obedience)
· Latane (altruism).