For this assignment, you will imagine a scenario where a social worker under your supervision is using technology inappropriately in his or her work, as well as violating the ethical principles related to social work. Review the situation, and then write an analysis of the situation.
After viewing the case study, analyze the case. Identify the unethical use of technology by considering advanced generalist social work practice with individuals, families, groups, organizations, and communities. Be sure to consult the NASW Code of Ethics, the NASW, ASWB, CSWE, and CSWA Standards for Technology in Social Work Practice, and the NASW Standards and Indicators for Cultural Competence in Social Work Practice, and use information from those documents to support your work.
Write a paper in current APA format that includes the following:
- Describe the ethical challenges the case poses and explain how the challenges can be addressed.
- As a leader, how would you react to the situation? Apply leadership skills to develop a plan that helps supervision and social worker safety.
- What transformational leadership skills could you apply when dealing with your supervisee?
- How would you apply advanced generalist social work best practices to address this issue?
- What leadership behaviors and social work supervision standards might be helpful?
- How could you apply transformational leadership theory to advance and improve social work practices when addressing this issue?
- Be sure that your plan demonstrates cultural competence through the application of leadership skills with diverse populations.
Submit your completed assignment by the end of the unit.
Your instructor will be providing feedback on your assignments. The feedback you receive may be valuable for future assignments in this course.
The assignment you submit is expected to meet the following requirements:
- Written communication: Written communication is free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA formatting: Resources and citations are formatted according to current APA style and formatting standards. Include a title page, reference page, headers, and appendices as applicable.
- Cited resources: Minimum of two scholarly sources. All literature cited should be current, with publication dates within the past five years.
- Length of paper: Minimum of three double-spaced pages.
- Font and font size: Times New Roman, 12 point.