american history discussion 1
America’s Industrial Revolution transformed all sectors of the economy and changed society. In the text (Chapter 17 p. 310-317), some of the business practices of the late 1800s and early 1900s are described. There are pros and cons to these developments. On one hand, they streamlined costs and made goods and new products available to many more consumers. But, there were also consequences—some unintended.
Choose one of these two new problems introduced by the American Industrial Revolution.
- The development of monopolies instead of a competitive business market.
- Unsafe and oppressive work conditions.
Then, in a full paragraph or two:
- Identify your chosen problem.
- Discuss a specific example from that period that clearly illustrates the chosen problem and a negative consequence of it. What did the government do about this—and what should it have done?
- Identify a similar problem or example that exists in the USA today.
- Identify the source(s) where you read about the problem.
Part 2: Respond to a Peer
Read a post by one of your peers and respond, making sure to extend the conversation by asking questions, offering rich ideas, or sharing personal connections.
I need 1 1/2 for the discussion with supporting details and no plagiarism at all