Paper needs to be apa format, 3-4 pages,must show references,
Career Typology & Choice
Holland’s typology and contributions to the career field are well known and widely used as a foundation to career counseling. Holland’s career typology is grounded in the belief that individuals are attracted to particular occupations to fulfill their personal needs and provide them with satisfaction. The theory rests on four assumptions:
- In our culture, persons can be categorized as one of the following: realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, or conventional.
- There are six modal environments: realistic, investigative, artistic, social, enterprising, and conventional.
- People search for environments that will let them exercise their skills and abilities, express their attitudes and values, and take on agreeable problems and roles.
- Behavior is determined by an interaction between personality and environment.
In a 700- to 1050-word (2- to 3-page) paper (not including the title and references pages) evaluate Holland’s career typology and address the following questions:
- What do you see as the strengths and weaknesses of the typology?
- What is the connection between Holland’s typology and career choice?
- What factors might influence career choices that were not considered by Holland?
- What other significant contributions has Holland made to career counseling?
- How might you use this information when working with clients?
Use at least two scholarly sources in addition to the course text.