Scenario: This organization has 5000 employees who are in several locations within the continental United States. Most of the company’s computers are Windows 7 PCs/laptops. The organization has no special PC needs for employees with specialized skills, such as CAD operators and engineers. Employees in this organization rely heavily on the PCs they use to complete day-to-day tasks.
Based on the above scenario:
1. Develop a comprehensive plan for keeping PCs upgraded and functional through a proper hardware/software lifecycle.
2. As you develop the lifecycle plan, you are to create a core list of software applications for all computers that should properly complement the needs for efficiency and collaboration among workers.
3. The software requirements should drive the specs for the next round of hardware requirements.
4. With you as the consultant recommending the direction in the first lifecycle, include the specs for the next upgrade for users’ PCs and laptops.
5. Include state-of-the art mobile technology, such as tablets and other smart devices, for professional use only. Personal use of organizational resources is prohibited.
Your well-written paper must be 2-3 pages in length and conform to the APA writings. Include at least four scholarly references.