It should be no surprise that organizational culture can have an impact on employee performance and satisfaction. Tell us about the organizational culture at your current or past employer. What type of impact did it have on your performance and satisfaction? In addition to the textbook, utilize at least two outside sources to support your response.
Info below is from textbook with citing info at the end:
a Definition of organizational culture Organizational culture refers to a system of shared meaning held by members that distinguishes the organization from other organizations.1 Seven primary characteristics seem to capture the essence of an organization’s culture:
1. Innovation and risk taking. The degree to which employees are encouraged to be innovative and take risks.
2. Attention to detail. The degree to which employees are expected to exhibit precision, analysis, and attention to detail.
3. Outcome orientation. The degree to which management focuses on results or outcomes rather than on the techniques and processes used to achieve them.
4. People orientation. The degree to which management decisions take into consideration the effect of outcomes on people within the organization.
5. Team orientation. The degree to which work activities are organized around teams rather than individuals.
6. Aggressiveness. The degree to which people are aggressive and competitive rather than easygoing.
7. Stability. The degree to which organizational activities emphasize maintaining the status quo in contrast to growth.
Each of these characteristics exists on a continuum from low to high. Appraising an organization on the strength of each provides a basis for the shared understanding members have about the organization, how things are done in it, and the way they are supposed to behave.
Robbins, Stephen P.; Judge, Timothy A.. Organizational Behavior (Page 527). Pearson Education. Kindle Edition.