Module 1 – Case
INTRODUCTION TO ETHICAL AND LEGAL PERSPECTIVES IN HEALTHCARE
As a healthcare professional, it is your responsibility to be ethically sound. You have an essential responsibility to effectively apply ethical reasoning to crucial decisions. One method of elevating your ethical reasoning abilities is through the practice, reading, and understanding of case studies. While every case is not identical, the review of ethical case studies prepares you for similar incidents that may arise.
For the Module 1 Case Assignment, you are to review 2 cases from the AMA Journal of Ethics (http://journalofethics.ama-assn.org/site/cases.html).
In a 3-page paper complete the following:
- Identify each case that you have selected.
- Explain in detail the ethical issue of each case.
- Identify the ethical principle(s) that have been violated in the cases.
- Explain from a healthcare professional perspective, what you would have done differently in the case.
You are to support your analysis and views with at least 3 scholarly references (e.g., peer-reviewed journals).
- Conduct additional research to gather sufficient information to justify/support your analysis.
- Limit your response to a maximum of 3 pages.
- Support your proposal with peer-reviewed articles, with at least 3 references. Use the following link for additional information on how to recognize peer-reviewed journals: http://www.angelo.edu/services/library/handouts/peerrev.php
- You may use the following source to assist in your formatting your assignment: https://owl.english.purdue.edu/owl/resource/560/01/.