To begin this assignment, first review the Theory of Personality Project Description and Scoring Guide in the Resources. The project description provides the context for this assignment. Then, review the feedback you received from your instructor on the first component of this project, the Theory Choice and Research paper you submitted in Unit 8. Be sure to integrate any comments and suggestions about that paper into your final paper.
To complete this assignment, write and submit an 11- to 12-page paper (excluding title and references pages)
- Title page.
- Abstract: One paragraph on a separate page. This should be a succinct summary of your paper’s purpose, main points, findings, and conclusions. It is best to write the abstract after the rest of your paper is complete.
- Introduction: One or two paragraphs. In this section, be sure to identify the theory you selected and briefly explain why it interests you.
- Theory evaluation: A minimum of three pages. Evaluate the selected theory. Begin by describing the theory’s key concepts and etiology, and then thoroughly evaluate its key insights, gaps, and contributions to an understanding of personality development. Include an evaluation of how factors such as gender, culture, ethnicity, and age can impact this theoretical perspective.
- Rationale for theory selection: A minimum of two pages. Justify the applicability of the theory to your area of specialization. Provide a detailed argument and supporting evidence for its selection. This section should include at least three key points.
- Application of theory to specialization: A minimum of five pages. Expand your discussion of the applicability to the theory to your area of specialization into a detailed plan for applying it in practice. Develop strategies based on the theory and describe how and when you would use them. Provide detailed arguments and evidence to support your planned strategies and implementation.
- Conclusion: One or two paragraphs.
- References page: Must include at least five scholarly resources integrated into the paper.
Include citations as appropriate, using APA format (current edition).