Reflection Paper: Agency Analysis (4-5 page, APA format) In this reflection paper, the student will volunteer for 15 hours at a human service agency. Each student will gain a greater understanding of how the macro environment affects the student, and how the student can affect that environment. Students use the text and the primary source readings throughout their papers. Students are required to utilize three (3) peer-reviewed journal articles that were published within the last five (5) years to substantiate their analysis. Using knowledge gained from the Kirst-Ashman text, students address the following questions:
1. Describe the services that social workers provide within this organization/agency. Delineate the human needs that are met by the organization/agency.
2. What is the mission of the organization/agency? How does the organization/agency meet this mission?
3. Determine the demographics of the populations served by the agency/organization (age, gender, socioeconomic status, race, spirituality/religion, and ethnicity).
4. Describe the funding sources of the organization/agency. Include information regarding whether or not there is a fee to use the service.
5. Describe the eligibility criteria for receiving the services of the agency/organization.
6. Is this a primary or secondary setting for social workers? Describe any additional disciplines employed by the agency/organization. Include a description of the roles of all disciplines employed at the agency/organization.
7. How does the organization/agency as a social system promote or deter people in maintaining or achieving health, well-being, and human dignity?
8. Explain strategies used by the organization/agency for constructive action in pursuit of social, political, and economic justice.
9. Analyze and explain how your experience with the community dialogues has impacted your ability to advocate for yourself and others and to be an agent of change.