Sociocultural Impact on Development
Assignment 2: Sociocultural Impact on Development
BE SURE TO FOLLOW GRADING CRITERIA!!!!
Now that you know that there are many different areas of impact within the realms of the community, culture, and the media, explore your own experience and reaction to these influences. It is very common for our own experiences as a child to significantly impact our interactions with children if we are not first aware of our experiences, beliefs, and reactions.
Reflect upon the community, culture, and media to which you were exposed as a child or an adolescent and then address the following:
- Which specific aspect do you think had the biggest impact on your own development?
- What did you learn from your cultural group and your community about who you are as an individual and where you fit in the world?
- Consider your biggest impact area and do the following:
- Explain how this area aligns with the research by incorporating information from at least two academic sources to support your statements and ideas. Academic sources could include your textbook, required readings for this module, or academic journal articles found in the Argosy University online library.
- Who are the major proponents (theorists past or current) of your chosen impact and how did they reach these conclusions?
- Ask two adults what had the most impact on them. Compare this data from their responses with your own experience and your research about prominent impacts.
Write a 2–3-page paper in Word format. Be sure to include separate title and reference pages. Apply APA standards to citation of sources, including use of in-text citations and full references. Academic sources could include your textbook, required readings for this module, or academic journal articles found in the Argosy University online library.
Use the following file naming convention: LastnameFirstInitial_M4_A2.doc. For example, if your name is John Smith, your document will be named SmithJ_M4_A2.doc.
By the due date assigned, deliver your assignment to the Submissions Area.
Grading CriteriaMaximum PointsAnalyzed the impact of a specific aspect of community, culture, or media on your development as a child or adolescent.8Described what you learned from your cultural group and your community about who you are as an individual and where you fit in the world.8Incorporated information from at least two academic sources in identifying the research that aligned with your biggest influence.24Identified the major proponents of the chosen impact area providing reasons for the conclusions of those theorists.24Compared and contrasted your experience of chosen impact area and research findings with data from two adults.16Wrote in a clear, concise, and organized manner; demonstrated ethical scholarship in accurate representation and attribution of sources; displayed accurate spelling, grammar, and punctuation.20Total:100