It will need to be 12-point font, double spaced. You do not need to cite references for this paper OR put it in APA format.
For the first part of this assignment, you will describe the community you grew up in, specifics about its ethnic/cultural/income/political makeup, and your introduction to the notion that others are different from you. Go back as far as you can remember and come forward, thinking about events and people in your environment that may have shaped any biases or stereotypes that you hold (1-2 pages). (I have done this part) just check the grammar and rewrite it in your way.
For the second part of this assignment, you will have a conversation about biases and stereotypes with someone who is different from you in some way. You decide how to interpret “difference”. They can be from another part of the country (or a completely different country) from you, a different race or culture from you, come from a different socio-economic background, come from a family with different political viewpoints than yours, have differing abilities from you, be part of a different generation, etc. The conversation should last at least 15 minutes. The topic of conversation will be about personal biases and stereotypes that you hold. In the conversation, you will. . .
1) Describe the biases/stereotypes you hold about others (and where you think they came from) to your conversation partner and ask your conversation partner to describe the biases/stereotypes they hold about others to you.
2) Talk about if you feel your biases affect your behavior in any way and have your partner do the same.
3) Reflect with your conversation partner about biases/stereotypes that you feel other people hold about you (so both of you will talk about this from your own perspective).
4) Decide whether you alter your behavior when you are around people whom you believe hold a bias/stereotype about you.
For the final part of this assignment, you will reflect on the conversation you had (2-3 pages).
1) You will explain how you are different from the person with whom you had the conversation.
2) You will summarize your own thoughts about the biases and stereotypes that you hold and how your thoughts compare to your conversation partner. How were they similar? How were they different? Reflect on why this might be the case.
3) You will summarize the biases and stereotypes that you feel others hold about you. Also summarize the biases and stereotypes that your conversation partner felt that others hold about him/her and describe how your behaviors and those of your conversation partner change as a result of the perceived stereotypes that others hold.